|We seek to train and develop the capacities of teachers to understand and plan instruction – content, resources, activities and outcomes- to ensure progress and achievement of all learners in the classroom and entire learning environment. |
Every child is unique, developing at his or her own rate. Diversity is at the heart of this as each child is coming from a different background, is a particular gender, has a preferred learning style and certain interests and operates at different levels of readiness in different learning areas.
In the teaching-learning milieu in our country, with many teachers being inadequately trained for the job, and monitoring and evaluation of the teaching-learning process not well managed, it is very pertinent that our teachers need to be trained in diverse areas covering teaching and learning strategies for different levels of education and subject areas, Child psychology, Lesson Observation and Assessment for Progress, Differentiation and lots more. These topics have been listed in the documents on ‘Training Topics’.
We are driven by the genuine desire to change the face of education in Nigeria; we therefore seek to train and empower teachers so that they are able to accelerate the progress and raise the achievement of all pupils thereby ensuring the realization of all the policy items and the holistic development of learners they have contact with. We also seek to train school administrators so that they can provide the necessary structures, framework and support for their teachers.
The Teacher’s training is a regular and continuous exercise.
1. The Exceptional Teacher
2. The Differentiated Instruction in the classroom
3. Learning Styles
4. Classroom Management in the 21st Century
5. Lesson Planning (Developing Learning Objectives and Success Criteria)
6. Lesson Observation, reporting and feedback
7. Classroom Observation for Achievement
8. Quality Assurance- its place in the Classroom and School System
9. The Responsive classroom
10. Oral English Training for Teachers
11. Marking for higher attainment of students (feed-back system)
12. Phonemic Awareness and reading
13. Art and Creativity in Child Development
14. Developmentally Appropriate Programmes
15. Language and Literacy development in the Early Years/ Primary
16. Poetry- Role in Early Years/ Primary
17. Numeracy Development in the Early Years/ Primary
18. Proper use of display boards: classroom spaces
19. Learning centers: classroom spaces and places
20. Teaching Phonics in the Early Years and Primary
21. ‘Play-based Teaching and Learning in the Early Years’- Why, What, How and When
22. Teaching Science in the 21st Century
23. The Synergy of the Science Subjects
24. The Place of Projects in teaching Science
25. Science in everyday Life
26. Science and Technology’- What’s the connection?
27. Smart Boards- A sine qua non
28. How to use the Computer effectively to enhance learning
29. Delivering the British Curriculum
30. Emotional Intelligence
31. Child Protection and Safe-guarding
32. Deploying I.C.T. for Effective School Management
33. School Management for Effectiveness and Efficiency
34. Attracting, Recruiting and retaining quality staff Reducing staff turnover
35. Managing Difficult Staff
36. Monitoring and Evaluating the Teaching/ Learning Process and environment